This job contributes to the success of the S A L T brand by leading the kitchen team in the creation and sustainability of the S A L T Guest Experience. The successful Sous Chef regularly and customarily exercises discretion in managing the kitchen operation of their location. In particular, a majority of time is spent supervising and directing the team, making staffing decisions (i.e., cooking, hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, discharging, staffing and scheduling), ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality, managing the location’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the kitchen environment. This role is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with S A L T’s guiding principles..
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Assist Executive Chef with ensuring excellence in guest satisfaction through commitment to a “Do Whatever It Takes Attitude” and a hands-on, lead by example management style.
- Management of all back of house staff in a high volume kitchen, including ongoing training, development, and follow up. Scheduling and staffing.
- Achieve or exceed budgeted labor and other cost centers through proper planning and execution.
- Assist in overseeing weekly and monthly inventories, and ordering of food and supplies.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA regulations.
- **Must have high volume experience and catering experience**
- Have a passion for food, wine & beer
- Desire to create the ultimate dining experience
- Extensive knowledge of East and West Coast Dining
- Advanced knife handling skills
- Menu/recipe development
- Food budgeting
- Food cost optimization
- Food safety knowledge
- Demonstrated longevity within work history
- Must be able to lead by example and create an enthusiastic working environment
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Communicate effectively with the restaurant staff
- Excellent people skills
- Computer literacy
- Excellent grooming
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to eight (8) hours in length with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to reach, bend, kneel and frequently lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Speak clearly and listen attentively
- Lead by example
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company employee guidelines (i.e. Planet Aqua Group – Shreveport Aquarium policies and guidelines)
- At least 3 years of Kitchen Management or Sous Chef experience
- ABO Certified
- Experience creating and analyzing financial reports
- ServSafe certification required
- Must comply with background check
- Willing to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and late evenings
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation based upon experience.
How to apply: All interested applicants must register for and attend Job Fair for initial consideration and to learn more about the Shreveport Aquarium. Applications will be available on-site. Please bring a resume, if you have one. Applications will be reviewed and those selected will be invited to attend a Group Interview at a specific time and location. Third round candidates will have individual interviews.