We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, hard-working professional Cook who can help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Review prep chart for daily requirements, cuts meats and vegetables for cooking
- Prepares all food products utilizing established standards for food handling safety, storage and personal hygiene.
- Follow established recipes to prepare guest’s orders to specification to include cooking meats, vegetables, rice and sauces/marinades.
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of prepped ingredients to fill guest demands.
- Be able to multi-task and/or manage several orders simultaneously.
- Lead and direct the work of others on occasion.
- Clean equipment and work area at the end of shift.
- Passion for food, wine & beer
- Desire to create the ultimate dining experience
- Extensive knowledge of East and West Coast Dining is desirable
- Follow recipe instructions
- Complete cleaning, sanitizing and other tasks from established checklists
- Have a thorough understanding of the menu items Facilitate teamwork and a helpful approach to getting all tasks and assignments handled in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Service orientation and excellent organizational skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented
- Hands on experience with POS and any ordering information system
- Active listening and effective communication competencies
- Warm, friendly and engaging personality, excellent people skills
- Approachable, friendly, diligent and reliable
- Communicate effectively with guests, service providers or vendors and other team members at all times
- Attentive listening, speaking clearly using appropriate language, terminology, tone and volume while maintaining a respectful and courteous demeanor is required
- Lead by example
- Create an enthusiastic working environment
- Professional demeanor
- Strong team player
- Patience, adaptability, and initiative
- Present a clean and professional appearance at all times
- Work well – or best! – under pressure, remain calm during peak times
- Stress manageability
- High energy level
- Display a willingness to cross-train in other positions.
- Bilingual is a PLUS but NOT a MUST
- Embracing all cultures and people
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company employee guidelines (i.e. Planet Aqua Group – Shreveport Aquarium policies and guidelines)
- Minimum 2 years prep cook experience in a high volume kitchen.
- Must comply with background check
- Willing to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and late evenings
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation based upon experience.