We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, highly skilled professional experienced line cooks for
S A L T restaurant.
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Prepare components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes.
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen.
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards.
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed.
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant.
Crew Member Characteristics/Skills
- Have a passion for food, wine & beer, and the desire to create the ultimate dining experience
- Extensive knowledge of East and West Coast Dining is desirable
- Outstanding knowledge of all cooking techniques
- Outstanding knife skills
- Outstanding knowledge of cost control, food prep, portioning, sanitation, and plate presentation
- Remain calm in stressful situations
- Must be able to lead by example and create an enthusiastic working environment
- Ability to work on your feet for up to eight hours with a high level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
- Communicate effectively with the restaurant staff
- Excellent people skills
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds at a time on a regular basis
- Embracing all cultures and people
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company employee guidelines (i.e. Planet Aqua Group – Shreveport Aquarium policies and guidelines)
- Minimum 4 years proven work experience as a line cook in a fast paced upscale dining restaurant
- ServSafe certification required
- Must comply with background check
- Willing to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and late evenings
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation based upon experience.
How to apply: All interested applicants must register for and attend Job Fair for initial consideration and to learn more about the Shreveport Aquarium. Applications will be available on-site. Please bring a resume, if you have one. Applications will be reviewed and those selected will be invited to attend a Group Interview at a specific time and location. Third round candidates will have individual interviews.