We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, dishwasher to assist our kitchen staff for S A L T restaurant.
Are you looking to work with the best in the industry to enhance your hospitality career? As a Dishwasher at S A L T, your hard work helps the restaurant run smoothly. Your responsibilities include providing guests with the cleanest service-ware possible. Utilizing large sinks and an industrial dishwashing machine, wash all plates, glasses, silverware, pots and pans, and various other items according to S A L T Standards. Additional jobs may include general cleaning of food preparation areas and stations, picking up and sweeping the main parking lot, dining area or restrooms, and food utility preparation of items. Following our safety and sanitation policy at all times.
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Maintain sanitation and safety standards at all times
- Consistently set up the workstation according to S A L T Standards
- Comply with ServSafe practices with regard to personal cleanliness, food handling, and sanitation
- Consistently set up and use the silverware pre-soak station
- Consistently set up and use the pot sink station
- Effectively operate dish washing machine
- Safely operate garbage disposal
- Maintain correct storage and handling of plates, glasses and silverware
- Maintain correct storage and handling of pots, pans and cooking utensils
- Adhere to trash removal guidelines
- Consistently close down the workstation
- May also generally clean food preparation areas and stations, pick up and sweep main parking lot, dining area or restrooms and food utility preparation of items
- Cross train in all other BOH positions and provide support to those work stations as needed
- Warm, friendly and engaging personality
- Approachable, friendly, diligent and reliable
- Detail oriented
- Professional demeanor
- Strong team player
- Patience, adaptability, and initiative
- Calm during peak times
- Stress manageability
- High energy level
- Bilingual is a PLUS but NOT a MUST
- Embracing all cultures and people
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- Regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 80-100 pounds
- Work with restaurant equipment (dough machine, knives, pots and pans, etc.)
- Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, grasping, reaching/lifting above shoulders in a repetitive manner
- Work with cleaning solutions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company employee guidelines (i.e. Planet Aqua Group – Shreveport Aquarium policies and guidelines)
- Knowledge of correct equipment operational standards
- Previous restaurant experience preferred
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School education, diploma (or in process) or GED, preferred
- Must be able to follow all safety, health and sanitation procedures
- Must comply with background check
- Willing to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and late evenings
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation based on experience.
How to apply: All interested applicants must register for and attend Job Fair for initial consideration and to learn more about the Shreveport Aquarium. Applications will be available on-site. Please bring a resume, if you have one. Applications will be reviewed and those selected will be invited to attend a Group Interview at a specific time and location. Third round candidates will have individual interviews.