As Bartender, you will provide exceptional service to guests by promptly welcoming and courteously serving guests in a can-do fashion, engaging in polite conversation when time allows.
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Be fully informed of beverage and menu offerings, in anticipation of guest needs and to deliver highly attentive service
- Prepare drinks for cocktail service orders and have a passion for mixology
- Maintain a safe, clean environment, which includes managing people with discretion and professionalism and occasionally diffusing difficult situations
- Ensure the bar and its equipment are clean and fully functional.
Crew Member Characteristics/Skills
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep bar operating to standard
- Be a positive team member
- Strong guest service
- Great listener, thinker and organizer
- Positive personality and attitude
- Embracing of all cultures and people
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Clear, effective communication in written and verbal English
- Accurately count cash and efficiently process transactions using company systems
- Operate bar equipment
- Awareness of and compliance with all liquor laws, Interstate guidelines, policies and procedures
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company employee guidelines (i.e. Planet Aqua Group – Shreveport Aquarium policies and guidelines)
- Minimum 3 years bartending experience
- ABO Certified
- This position requires continuous movement and the ability to lift and carry up to 36 pounds
- Must comply with background check
- Willing to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and late evenings
- Must be 21 years of age or older
Compensation based upon experience.
How to apply: All interested applicants must register for and attend Job Fair for initial consideration and to learn more about the Shreveport Aquarium. Applications will be available on-site. Please bring a resume, if you have one. Applications will be reviewed and those selected will be invited to attend a Group Interview at a specific time and location. Third round candidates will have individual interviews.