Interested in working in a unique retail environment? The Shreveport Aquarium is looking for folks with a friendly personality and great communication skills to assist guests in finding just the right gift or souvenir. If you possess an eye for merchandise and display detail, and enjoy engaging with guests, this may be a perfect fit for you.
Crew Member Responsibilities
- Greet each guest with a smile
- Interpret guest’s interests and needs
- Recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise
- Answer guest queries regarding the store and the merchandise
- Make suggestions and encourage purchase of products.
- Receive and process cash, check and charge/credit payments
- Provide change and receipts.
- Bag or package purchases
- Count money, sort charge slips and balance monies
- Maintain sales records and place special orders
- Organize and process merchandise exchanges
- Stay current with sales prices
- Recognize and monitor security issues
- Arrange and display merchandise
- Keep merchandise area tidy
- Take stock inventory
- Requisition new stock
- Willingness to cross-train into other positions
- Other duties as assigned
Crew Member Characteristics/Skills
- Warm, friendly and engaging personality
- Genuine love for people
- Calm, collected, and focused demeanor during peak times during unforeseen challenges
- Strong math skills
- Team player
- Patience, adaptability, and initiative
- Stress manageability
- High energy level
- Bilingual is a PLUS but NOT a MUST
- Embracing of all cultures and people
- Willingness and ability to adhere to company employee guidelines (i.e. Planet Aqua Group – Shreveport Aquarium policies and guidelines)
- 2-years retail experience is a PLUS but not required
- Basic computer skills or willingness to learn
- Must comply with background check
- Willing to work flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and late evenings
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Part-time Only (16-28 hours a week) $8.50-$10 based on position and experience with most starting at $8.50.
How to apply: All interested applicants must register for and attend Job Fair for initial consideration and to learn more about the Shreveport Aquarium. Applications will be available on-site. Please bring a resume, if you have one. Applications will be reviewed and those selected will be invited to attend a Group Interview at a specific time and location. Third round candidates will have individual interviews.